Skip to content

Anyone can make a complaint about how the Prevent duty has been applied, including any problems with Prevent training they may have received. 

The Department for Education (DfE) encourage individuals to use their education provider’s existing complaints’ procedure, which may be the quickest way to reach a resolution.  

In addition to this, DfE encourage individuals to also lodge a complaint with the Standards and Compliance Unit (StaCU), who have oversight of all complaints made about the Prevent programme. 

StaCU will review any complaints made to them, maintaining confidentiality and independence throughout, and will update you directly on the outcome of your complaint. 

You can learn more about the purpose of StaCU and use this form to make a complaint about Prevent to them. 


Making a complaint about an education setting


Details on how to complain about a school, college, training provider, or employer funded by the ESFA are available on GOV.UK. If you have a concern regarding a safeguarding issue about an Ofsted registered provider, you can complain to Ofsted directly.  

If your complaint relates to a registered higher education provider, you can notify the Office for Students. 


Reporting extremism within an education setting


If you have concerns about extremism within an education setting in England, including allegations against institutions and staff, you can report this to the Department for Education.